SB 221 problem

Jan Sluchak jsluchak at PACBELL.NET
Tue Feb 25 13:10:48 EST 2003

Hello to the group,
Just aquired another SB 221.  It appears to have Rich Measures mods in
it.  It also appears to have no grid current when idling and no drive.
I add drive, the unit does not produce any output, but the lights on the
meters glow brighter as I dial up drive, so I dial it down very
quickly.  Upon intial inspection all looks OK.  I suspect the zener
diode. How does one test a zener?  Any intial thoughts on what to check?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Jan N6YV