FS: Thinning out the herd: SB-400, SB-102 +

Bradley Stone nb9m at RELIABLE-NET.NET
Sun Jan 5 11:50:30 EST 2003

Heath Folks:

I need to clear out some room in the shack:

SB-400: Cosmetically good - very good.  Front panel is excellent, with crisp
white labels.  ONE PROBLEM: no mic audio getting through. Amplifies input
fine, so might be just the cable from the front panel.  Loads up fine,
decent chassis and good overall construction.  Was on the air until about 6
months ago.  No manual.  $100 plus shipping.

SB-102/HP-23 power supply/SB-600 speaker: Bought off E-Bay with quite a
struggle.  Good - Very Good cosmetics. Careful cabinet oversprays.  Tubes
checked and contacts cleaned.  Fired up and works GREAT on 40 meters.
Buttoned back up, only to discover 20 meter sensitivity is way down.  This
would be a small project for someone who is looking for a nice SB-102.
Manual included for $225 plus shipping.

(Non-Heath)

Hallicrafters FPM-300.  Good cosmetics.  No receive or transmit.  I know the
complete history of this rig, and is certainly worthy of attention.  Will
need belts and a coil for sure.  With manual. First $75 plus shipping.

73,
Brad, NB9M
PS: The new Electric Radio site has a forum up and running for vintage
equipment: www.ermag.com

deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.