Electrolytic capacitors for HO-10/SB-610

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Thu Jan 9 09:09:54 EST 2003

Murray -

For the HO-10 also, the original caps were 1600V, and the schematic shows
1550V as "typical" at 117 VAC line voltage.  Certainly marginal design at best.

I know you challenged the idea that transformer failure was caused by
leakage in these caps, but I'm still not so sure!!  :-)

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta