IT-28 Cap Checker

FRED HOLNAGEL w7prv at TELEPORT.COM
Sun Jan 12 17:26:30 EST 2003

I have one of these fine gadgets but no manual.  I was forming a couple of electrolytics from the SB-400 HV power supply. Got full opening of the eye at 400 volts in a few minutes. At 450 volts, no way after several hours. I then tried some NOS CD 475 volt can type and the same thing happens. I then figured I'd measure the voltage at the terminals and found that at 400 volts on the scale there was actually 500 volts and at 450 on the scale there was 560 volts! My line voltage is about 120V. It can't be one of the switched resistors has changed value as the overage is there at all settings. This might be prevalent in some of your meters.  Might want to check! Fred W7PRV