Need Power Cable for SB303

Eric Pierce eric_pierce at SYMPATICO.CA
Sun Jan 19 16:32:41 EST 2003

I have picked up an assortment of "tv cheater" and other 2 pin power
cables over the years, you can find them at fleas, electronic surplus
places, etc.

For the 303, 401 and even HD-1410 keyer I scrounged thru the collection
until I found one where the pin size is a close match (you can
stretch/squeeze these a little anyway), but the spacing is too narrow.

Then I used a fine hacksaw to saw a slot in the plastic between the
pins, go slowly and keep it into the middle, If you see copper filings
you have gone to far :-)

Then spread the connector out with a screwdriver until the spacing is
right, and push it on. You can even epoxy it to keep the spacing after,
but I have not bothered.

It works for me, would maybe grate on the purist, but nobody sees the
power cord at the back unless they look. At least you can power them up
till you do find the right cord and does not require mods of the rig.

This is only two pin solution without green ground, so make sure the
chassis is bonded to your common shack ground bus.

Eric VA3EP
www.thirdpla.net