voltmeter

Chris Campbell clcampbl at TRAVERSE.COM
Sun Jan 19 21:48:35 EST 2003

I don't know where else to inquire, so this is a bit off-topic:  I just
got a Bell & Howell/ DeVry Institute of Technology "Transistorized
Meter."  The price was very attractive.

Somebody had thought to identify which wires from the innards required
which battery voltage, but the little note did not indicate polarity.
 It was easy to figure out polarity for the red and black pair.  But how
about the yellow and blue pair that requires 1.5 VDC?  Too make matters
worse, those run to one of the wafer switches, and trying to trace
things through wafer switches is not my idea of fun.

This is an interesting device with four 2N3391 transistors.  It was a
kit, judging by the pencil markings here and there.  The guy who built
it did a nice job, so I hope he graduated and got some interesting
electronics employment.

Does anybody have any info on the polarity?  Or other info about the
calibration of it?

Chris Campbell