BAMA site .djvu files

MIKE SOUHRADA wb9iog at REVEALED.NET
Fri Jul 18 11:36:18 EDT 2003

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wrote:
>   Has anyone else had trouble with the .djvu files on the BAMA site?
Mark
Part One:
There is extensive instructions on the first page of the site. Most
directed to the use of IE !  I use NS 7.0 now with no problem downloading.
Part two:
You must use the DjVu add on to work with that format.
I don't like it at all. Acrobat would be much better but it sure
compresses data. They have so much on the site I guess it allows
much more storage.
Part three:
Had lots of difficulty with DjVu printing. The default print size is
limited either to BIG or to small. Tried to print the HQ 150 last week
and couldn't read it.
Then I found an obscure (right click) I think on "custom" that allows
almost any size and could print using that feature. But it's well buried
in the DjVu heading.
Haven't read or used the irfanviewer viewer you have .
  Mike
Iowa