.djvu files

Kevin J Ward kevin_ward at JUNO.COM
Fri Jul 18 11:33:07 EDT 2003

I too have  issues with the DJVU viewer.  I apparently have version
3.5.500.  I say apparently because the viewer itself gives no clue to its
version number; you have to use Windows Explorer and ferret out the
information.

It is possible to print a .djvu file IF you are willing to print the
entire document.  However, I have not found a way to print, for instance,
just the schematic.  I can LOOK at what I want to print, but as soon as I
click on the print icon or on the File menu and select Print . . .  etc.,
the viewer goes directly to page 1 and begins printing.  As Charlie Brown
would say, "AAARRrrrrg!"

Selecting "Display Background" yields a blank page.  Needless to say,
nothing prints.

Another gripe.  When the DJVU viewer installs, no viewer icon is
installed on the desktop.  If you want to open a .djvu file, Windows will
start the viewer.  If you want to start the viewer, then open selected
files - - good luck.  The DJVU viewer does not appear in the program list
under START!

And NO I WILL NOT pay for a more expensive version of the 'stupid'
program!

Kevin  N2IE