SB 401

Jerry Forwood e.j.forwood at JUNO.COM
Fri Jul 25 13:10:10 EDT 2003

You cannot dial the receive freq. with the transmitter.  The 8 crystals
on top of the chassis make it possible for the SB401 to be used as a
"Stand-Alone" transmitter with any receiver.  However, without the 8
crystals in place you can connect the transmitter to a SB300, SB301,
Sb303, or a SB310 and lock the transmitter freq to the receiver.  It then
works in transceiver mode, The receiver sets the transmitting freq of the
transmitter.
Without the 2 sideband crystals on the bottom of the chassis you can only
use the rig for CW.  You will not be able to null out the carrier and use
only upper or lower sideband.
73 de Jerry, KØEJF

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:16:57 -0700 Dale Jones <aa7xx at SIPNSEARCH.COM>
writes:
> If I understand the replies that I have rec on my request for
> information
> about crystals.  IS the 3 crystals that are underneath the 3396.4
> USB
> crystal,,the 3396.6 LSB crystal and the 3395.4 crystals, are the
> main
> crystal to make the 401 work using the SB 301
> for dialing in the desired freq,  Now if you and to use the SB 401
> to dial
> in the rec frequency you must have the 8 crystals installed on the
> top
> .  Now when the 8 crystals are installed in this completes the
> SBA-401-1
> Crystal kit.
>
> Have I really messed up the minds,
>

> But I do need the 3396.4 USB and the 3396.6 LSB crystals
>

> Until I have the nest problem
>
> Thanks Dale AA7XX

> To post - HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV

73 de Jerry, KØEJF