[Fwd: Re: Anyone out there with some SB-610 experience?]

Steve steveac at CHARTER.NET
Tue Jul 29 21:17:28 EDT 2003

I received advice from several guys on the reflector mailing list and
hereby offer my thanks.

By way of update . . . the recurring theme through the responses I
received was to replace the capacitors in the 1430V power supply. The
thinking is that those capacitors are surely leaky after 30 years and
the extra load they place on the power transformer can damage the BLU /
YEL 600VAC secondary winding. Since I had a failure in that winding of
the power transformer to start with, it may be that those caps were
leaky fifteen years ago!

It seemed like good advice, so I will replace those three capacitors
with the hope that my new used-transformer will survive and the higher
voltage will make for a brighter trace on the screen.

I'll post the results to the reflector.

Again, thanks to the several of you who offered advice. I'd still be
knocking around in the dark without your help!

73,
Steve
K8JQ