Fw: SB-200 plate current

Jeff Stewart stewgoat at INDY.NET
Fri Jun 13 18:30:39 EDT 2003

   I just did a visual and a 33 ohm resister off the grid of one tube R21 or R22 is cracked in two.  The tube on that side has a discoloration on one side (the gitter appears to be at the bottom) so it may be toast.  Now to figure cause and effect I guess before I replace the resistor.

Jeff

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Stewart
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 2:51 PM
Subject: SB-200 plate current

      About what plate current max and minimum should I see depending on the age of the 572b's of course?  What's normal grid current also?
    I know the manual says don't go over 500ma on the plate,  but I see only 200ma however the relative output on the amp shows about 600 watts on a dummy load.  Seems like the Plate current is onlly half what I should see.

Thanks,
Jeff
http://www.qsl.net/ka9dad/