D104 Question

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jun 18 13:10:33 EDT 2003

If your particular D-104 has the amplified base, you
either have to rewire it so that the amplifier is
always on or else use the PTT.  If you rewire it so
that the amplifier is always on, you will run down the
battery in well under a week.

A possible solution to this is to add a switch to turn
the amplifier off and on.

What I did on my D-104 that has the preamplifier is to
wire a switch so that the microphone either uses the
preamplifier or else comes directly off of the
microphone element.  This is because several of my
rigs do not like having the preamlifier in the circuit
(especially my Collins S-Lines).  On the other hand,
all of my Heath SB equipment (SB-401, SB-101, and
SB-110A) work better with the preamplifier.

Glen, K9STH

--- EDWIN J FORWOOD <e.j.forwood at JUNO.COM> wrote:

D104's work well in VOX mode as long as the
transmitter is setup for a high impedance mic and you
have the mic wired so that the mic element is
connected to the audio input all the time.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.attbi.com/~k9sth