D104 Question

EDWIN J FORWOOD e.j.forwood at JUNO.COM
Thu Jun 19 01:31:55 EDT 2003

While it is true that some equipment may have some additional gain when
using the amplifier in the base of the D104, I have found that none of my
Heath SSB equipment really need it.  The usual result is that a lot of
people ruin their audio output due to over driving when using the
amplifier.
I usually take the amplifier completely out of the mic if they are to be
dedicated to one of my Heath rigs.  However, I have found it useful on my
Johnson Ranger on AM.  But still not absolutely necessary.
73 de Jerry, KØEJF