Manual Request

van lincoln vlincoln at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Jun 20 22:32:30 EDT 2003

by any chance, was this the email, or was it someone else???
van

Subject: Re: A-1 Amplifier Information
From: John Cusick <john at cusick.ws>
To: van lincoln wd8aam <vlincoln at earthlink.net>
Date: 02 Mar 2003 01:04:45 -0500

On Sat, 2003-03-01 at 19:05, van lincoln wd8aam wrote:
> wow.!  you have an A-1 audio amp.  So do I.!  I have a prototype that was
> built by a Heathkit engineer before the actual kit was produced,
> and I also have the red-marked prototype schematic diagram
> he used as he made his notes in the 1940's.  This one uses two 1619 metal
> tubes, right?

Mine doesn't, but it may not be original either. I know very little
about this other than it says Model A-1 and uses 2 12V6 GT's

Everything lights up and its clean, other than the right rear corner,
which has been bent a little.  I really want to fire this baby up, and
may have to do it, info or not ;-)

Regards,

John C.

> Neat.  I have been looking for a manual for 6 years now.
>
> van
>
> wd8aam
>

> Van Lincoln
> 3473 Willow Beach Trail SW
> Prior Lake, MN 55372
>
> 952-440-1735 home
> 612-713-4027 work
>
> ================================
>

> At 03:09 PM 3/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >I realize that this is primarily a amateur radio list (and I have a few
> >Heathkit TX/RX equip) I am primarily searching for information on the
> >Heathkit A-1 Audio Amplifier.
> >
> >This was given to me me a few years ago and has been sitting on a shelf
> >in a closet for quire some time now. I pulled it out recently, thinking
> >I would give it a try, but since I have zero info in this unit, I'm a
> >little nervous about actually hooking anything up to it.
> >
> >I am assuming its monaural, with a 4, 8, and 16 ohm output. It has two
> >inputs on the front, one is probably a mic and the other looks like an
> >RCA type.
> >
> >I like to think that I've done a pretty thorough search on the web for
> >info, and so far I've not had much luck.
> >
> >Any help or pointers on this unit would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Next question is:
> >
> >I hace an older H-10 receiver with a broken dial pointer. Does anyone
> >have one of these available?
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >John Cusick

A few months ago I had asked if anyone had the schmatic/manual for the
Heathkit Model A1 amplifier. One gentleman on the list replied that he
may have one but he was out of town when he'd replied and would get back
to me after he returned home.  Unfortunately I lost the email and never
heard back. I have searched everywhere on the 'net that I can think of
and I have found no references for the A-1. Any help would be
appreciated.

Second, (stuff just keeps cropping up in boxes after my recent move and
yanking things out of storage) I came across a Heathkit paddle keyer
dis-assembled in a box. I also have no manual/schematic for this and I'm
in need of one since an unmarked transistor has broken off the board and
also I need the instructions to put it back together and use it.

Unfortunately, it had belonged to a heavy smoker and unused for years,
so it collected LOTS of sticky dust  I took it apart a few years ago and
put some mild soap and water to the case and all the markings came off
with the grunge :-(

As a result, I'm not even sure what model this keyer is. The only thing
I can find is a part number for the circuit board: 85-94P320,P321

I believe it is the HD-10 since the box is rectangular and sloped,
unlike the square HD-1410. Bama has the schematic and partial manual,
but I actually need the assembly and usage instructiions, too.

Regards,

--
John Cusick <john at cusick.ws>