Zener Diode

gary gb.fort at SYMPATICO.CA
Sun Jun 22 12:43:41 EDT 2003

Hello again Martin,

As Chuck Milton mentioned, NTE lists the replacement as just 5182A, without
the 'K' indicating reverse polarity. This started me looking and I found the
same difference in two older catalogs, NTE indicating standard polarity and
ECG indicating reverse polarity. I'm not sure which is indicating the
correct polarity but I am curious as to which one your application indicates
the 1S265 should be.

Regards,
Gary

> > Anybody have a cross ref. for a 1S265 Zener or have one they would part
with?
> > Thanks
> > Martin L Tippin  WOAKG
> > 140 Monarch Lane
> > Branson, MO 65616
> >

> Martin,
>
> ECG lists the replacement as a 5182AK.
>     7.5 Volt, 5%, 10W DO-4 stud (10-32 thd.)
>
> Possible direct replacements would be:
>     1N4000 @ 10%,
>     1N2971BR @ 5%.
>
> Note that these are Reverse connected (cathode connected to the case).
>
> Regards,
> Gary.

Thanks Gary, now to find one, they are used in the TL-922.