SB-200 meter

JBA ballen at NA800.NET
Tue Jun 24 09:33:07 EDT 2003

I agree with Chuck, Frank is great to deal with. I buy 811A's for my Collins
30L-1 from him. Never a problem.
de Benton wb5twc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Milton" <cemilton at BELLSOUTH.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: SB-200 meter

> > From: Jeff Stewart <stewgoat at INDY.NET>
> > Date: 2003/06/23 Mon AM 02:49:19 EDT
> > To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> > Subject: SB-200 meter
> >
> >      I'm looking for a meter for my Sb-200 amp.  Part number 407-103.
Any help is appreciated.  Also where's the best price on 572b tubes?  A
blown grid resistor took out the meter and tube.  Any help is appreciated.

> > Thanks and 73,
> > Jeff
> > http://www.qsl.net/ka9dad/
> >

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Just an FYI on your amps problem.  From this perspective, is it possible
your amp suffered a parasitic oscillation?  The "blown" grid resistor, a bad
tube and the plate meter gone are three distinct clues that a VHF parasitic
occured.  Had that happen to a Kenwood TL-922 and ended up with a bunch of
repairs needed. For tubes, check with Frank Krize in Natchez,Ms.
601.442.0973 .  Thats the tel # I last contacted him on.  Nice man.  Good
products.  Great prices. (No, he is not a relative) Just my thoughts!
Anyone else have comments to same?

> Gud luck es 73
> W4MIL
> Chuck