SB-110A experiment

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Tue Jun 24 18:05:20 EDT 2003

  I have  something for you SB-110A owners to try when you
have a few spare minutes to screw around.

 I have a SB-110A here that works perfectly, and has no problems
electrically. However sometime ago while doing some experimenting with
the rig I discovered that if the cathode bypass capacitor (C67) on the
audio
output tube V6 is removed the BFO will stop. I found this rather
astounding
and never did really determine why. Just curious if this happens with
other
110A's or if I just have a sleeping gremlin. Checked the board grounding,
tried different ground paths etc, nothing changed anything.
 I put the cap back in and everything works fine.........go figure.

Mark  WB8JKR