6146B Question

Fred Wittman wittfa19 at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Mar 14 22:11:44 EST 2003

Well, not exactly.  This list has many experienced hams, and I need to pick your brains.  My old hybrid rig (not a Heathkit - sorry) has begun putting out horrendous TVI.  A stock low-pass TVI filter attenuates it a bit but does not eliminate it.  I've tried nutralizing the finals, they seem fine, that is, full output on all bands and a clean symmetrical dip.  I figure something in the supression circuitry has changed value.  How should I approach troubleshooting this?  The outputs are, BTW, 6146B's.  Just thought I'd toss this out for the group.  Tnx.  Fred - KG6NYK