What is the trick to get aluminum apart?

John Cusick john at CUSICK.WS
Sun Mar 16 21:51:55 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-16 at 17:56, Jim Simmons wrote:
> This may sounds strange, but this works. Heat the tubes, pour automatic
> transmission fluid on the joint. Let it cool, pour some more fluid, let it
> set, pull apart.
> You may have to reheat a bit and then pull apart.
>
> Jim Simmons

I have also used this method successfully. It actually isn't too strange
as transmission fluid has a very high detergent content and breaks down the
oxidation.

Just be careful with the heat application :)

John C.