What is the trick to get aluminum apart?

Randy Caudle kc5vtk at ATTBI.COM
Sun Mar 16 23:19:35 EST 2003

The ATF thing is definitely worth trying.
My two favorites are Kroil        http://www.kanolabs.com/
This is positively the best commercial penetrant I have ever used.

and the other is Wintergreen oil, which is what puts the burn in Ben Gay and makes it penetrate your hide. When I lived in Texas I got it at the drug store in the town I lived in under the name methyl salicylate. We used to bum this stuff off the corpsman on the ship when I was in the Navy. I think he wasn't too happy that we used more than him. I have been unable to find a pharmacy here in Michigan that carries it, so it may be hard to find everywhere. Sometimes they have little 1 oz bottles in the baking section at larger grocery stores. At the drugstoe I was getting I think 8 oz bottles.

Gee, never thought to search the web....

http://www.chemistrystore.com/methyl_salicylate.htm

Bargain for $13.20 a qt

My .02

Randy