DZKit Launch

Brian Wood brianmwood at DIRECWAY.COM
Sun Mar 23 12:32:22 EST 2003

Many of you have commented on the need for a new Heathkit and encouraged me
to give it a go. I have taken the plunge. Please have a look at
www.dzkit.com and tell me what you think. The site is not technically "open
for business" yet, but I'd appreciate any comments you might have about the
products, the site structure/navigation, and the concept. You are the first
outside a very small circle of friends who now knows about this! Feel free
to spread the word. If anyone has suggestions for additional links on the
Links page, please pass them along too. And by the way, the online ordering
process does work, but please do not order anything yet as your wait could
be very long (but if you want any of the products, please e-mail me and I'll
get you on a waiting list)! Not all the parts are released yet. This is a
staging area only. But the protos do actually work and I hope to have a QST
article about it all very soon.

Since I can only do limited web site testing, I'd especially like to hear
from anyone who has trouble using the site, and also AOL, Unix and Netscape
users, and those using slow Internet connections and low resolution
displays.

By the way, in creating the home page, I pored over 1960's Heathkit catalogs
and tried to emulate their style. Hope it brings back a few memories. I
think you'll like the DZ logo too.

73,

Brian, W0DZ