difference between HW-2036 and HW-2036A & manual for HW-2036A

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at FYI.NET
Mon Mar 24 17:09:11 EST 2003

The original HW-2036 covered only 2 MHz of the 2 meter band, normally 146 -
148.  It COULD NOT be tuned for more.

The 2036A covered the entire band, along with some minor technical
improvements.

I know... because my 2036 was once, back in the late 1970's, sent out to
repair (to Hamtronics in Trevose) after someone borrowed it and put a
voltage spike into it (and they paid for the repair, too), and it came back
aligned for the middle of the band.  Very frustrating, but it forced me to
get the mod to upgrade it to an "A" and be done with it.  Still have the
rig, and PS & amp, too, incidently, but Hamtronics never returned the manual
or schematic.

73, ron wn3vaw

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood... won't you be my neighbor?"
Fred Rodgers, "Mister Rogers Neighborhood," SK, 27 February 2003