HW-8 Dial Overlay PDF available from me for free

Bob, WB2UJD BobbyTrip at AOL.COM
Thu May 22 12:27:36 EDT 2003

Guys,

A while back I inquired about the interest in repro dials for HW-8, having
one myself that was in rough condition on an HW-8 that I have restored.  My
younger brother who is a mechanical engineer helped me make an overlay in Autocad
and then made a PDF of the result.  The PDF has multiple of these placed
around a page in the hope that one would land in the right spot of an address label
sheet.  As I recall the scaling was a little off and I had to print at 108%
to get the exact right size on my printer.

Anyway, I am too busy with a million other projects at any given time to take
this the next step to repro dials.  I would like to make the file available
to anyone who wants it for HW-8 (or whatever) restoration work.  How I used the
file to make a new dial:

I used an address label sheet to print on.  Although an address label cannot
cover the whole dial, it is big enough to hold the scale.  I used a second
blank label to cover the rest of the dial and the seam where the two labels meet
is not noticible.  You might want to print on a test piece of paper to see
where the scales land on your label sheet, and for scaling to the right size.  I
used the old scale s a guide to line up the new label, be careful when you do
this, false landing of the label on the dial can result in more of the
original dial silk screening coming off on the label.  Once the labels are in place,
carefully trim around the dial with sharp scissors.  I used an exacto blade to
cut out the screw and shaft holes.

Drop me an email if you would like the file to make your own replacement dial
for the HW-8, free!

Maybe I will post this to BAMA so that anyone and everyone can get it easily.

73,

Bob, WA2T