BNC connectors??

Murray Leshner murrayatwork at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 23 06:06:29 EDT 2003

I don't know where I can trace the story I heard because the source is now
deceased.

There are other letter-named connectors we have seen, "N" beign one the most
familiar. There is also a "C" which looks like a 'giant' BNC. I have only
seen them used on industrial heating RF deck and ion gun cables.

I thought (here's where the half forgotten story begins) there was also a
"B" connector (originating at Bell Labs, and it's possible the "C" and "N"
may also). What I can't remember is the answer to your question - there was
an acronym of sorts, official or not, for B-N-C, that originated from some
relationship among the three connectors corresponding to the three letters.
I recall beign told the phrase "B, Not C" as part of the story, but I can't
make any intelligence out of it, only that I remember that phrase.

So I guess the answer is to your question is 'yes', it means something but I
don't remember what!

Murray