Heathkit Green

Dave Edwards kd2e at COMCAST.NET
Fri May 23 08:55:17 EDT 2003

Changes from sort of 'Fern Green' to a kind of blue-green.
I think the blue tints came late in the life cycle.
...Dave
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Wittman" <wittfa19 at EARTHLINK.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 9:58 PM
Subject: Heathkit Green

I have a recent addition to my "green room" - an SB-610.  It has prompted me
to ask this question:  My SB-301's front panel is a different shade of green
from the front panel of my SB-310, and the SB-610 is a different shade from
both of them.  Next to the SB-310, the 301 looks almost olive, and the 610
seems somewhere in between.  Didn't Heathkit standardize their front panel
colors, or did they go through "model changes" over the years (in which
case, could this be an accurate way to tell an item's age)?  Thanks in
advance.  Fred - KG6NYK