Sort of Off Topic - Probes

Jerry Forwood, K0EJF e.j.forwood at JUNO.COM
Tue May 27 12:29:45 EDT 2003

Easiest quick way is to use a PL259 coax connector and cut the center
conductor short.  However you can often find the origional connectors at
hamfests.  Just keep looking through the boxes of junque under the
tables.
73 de Jerry, KØEJF

On Mon, 26 May 2003 16:07:27 +0000 John Cusick <john at CUSICK.WS> writes:
> To All,
>
> I have a question concerning the old-style probe connectors on
> Heath, Knight, Eico, etc. test equipment. These are the screw-on
> type
> with the center conductor on the same plane as the outside surface
> of
> the connector.
>
> Is it possible to replace these conductors with BNC type or are the
> old female ends available, and if so, what are they called?
>
> I have some older Heath and Eico test equipment with these types of
> connectors and no clue how to hook anything up to them?
>
> Regards from a test equipment novice :-)
>

> --
> John Cusick <john at cusick.ws>

> To post - HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV

E. Jerold (Jerry) Forwood