Building Old Kits??

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu May 29 20:53:09 EDT 2003

I guess you could hot glue the old parts on top but I would only do
this on an old tube radio or similar. Heath would have used 'newer'
parts if it was cost effective, so it does no harm to substitute film
resistors or modern caps.

Neil

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Leonard" <radiorepair at MINDSPRING.COM>

Hi,
I am not the guy who posted the original question..I just answered
it...but what "board" do you mean?These probably don't have circuit
boards(although some kits from that era did have to a certain extent)
But,most boards won't allow two sets of parts;one on top and one on
the bottom.Even if they did you would porobably play havoc with
circuit characteristics by installing extra inductances,etc,stray
capacity,etc.
How do you fasten the old caps to the top and how do you fit the
whole extra thick mess inside the cabinet afterward?