Building Old Kits??

Jerry Forwood, K0EJF e.j.forwood at JUNO.COM
Fri May 30 12:23:57 EDT 2003

Evidently you haven't really looked at many of the HeathKits.
Look at the insides of the SB-303 receiver ot the SB-104A transceiver.
73 de Jerry, KØEJF

On Thu, 29 May 2003 19:47:33 -0700 Malcolm Leonard
<radiorepair at MINDSPRING.COM> writes:
> Hi,
> I am not the guy who posted the original question..I just answered
> it...but what "board" do you mean?These probably don't have circuit
> boards(although some kits from that era did have to a certain
> extent)
> But,most boards won't allow two sets of parts;one on top and one on
> the bottom.Even if they did you would porobably play havoc with
> circuit characteristics by installing extra inductances,etc,stray
> capacity,etc.
> How do you fasten the old caps to the top and how do you fit the
> whole extra thick mess inside the cabinet afterward?
> Malcolm

E. Jerold (Jerry) Forwood