8873 filament voltage

Gregory S Poel gspoel at CMSENERGY.COM
Sat Nov 8 21:09:11 EST 2003

I have an SB-230 that had a badtube, the filament was open. I  just
installed a replacement tube and I checked the filament voltage and it
measured 7.05 volts. The spec sheet indicates the voltage should be
6.3volts. I can't help  but wonder if this is what caused the original
tube to burn out. The amp is wired for 220 volt primary. Any thoughts on
the proper way to reduce the filament voltage? I would sure hate to loose
another tube! Thanks, Greg