UPS / FedEx

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Nov 8 10:20:44 EST 2003

Actually, according to the Wall Street Journal, Brown is taking
advantage of the USPS program for "bulk package mailers"  (some of
their largest and most profitable customers).   They deliver large
quantities of packages to the "local" (delivery) Post Office for the
Postal Carrier to take the "last mile" and deliver!   So don't be
surprised when your Postal Carrier hands you a UPS package.  UPS's
volume is so big that they are getting the largest discounts, and so
can offer the service cheaper than USPS rates!

This ticks off the USPS, since it's mining their best customers, and
the Teamster's Union doesn't like it since it means fewer UPS drivers
required!  Something for everyone!

The Free Market at work.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta