Heath converters

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Nov 8 11:58:04 EST 2003

The SBA series of converters are pretty good and the
SB-301 not only has the holes drilled on the back of
the cabinet to mount these, but they are switched into
the circuit from the front panel from the SB-301.  The
only "draw back" to the switching is that the heater
("filament") voltage is switched as well.  You do have
to wait a minute, or so, for the converter to "warm
up".

I have a set mounted on my SB-301.  Also have the
older XC-2 and XC-6 converters that were made to use
with the Mohawk that I use with my RX-1 Mohawk.  Those
converters are not quite as sensitive as the SBA
series, but they do a good job as well, especially in
a suburban location (more man-made noise, etc., than a
rural location).

Of course I am a "sorta" converter "junkie", have over
30 of various types including home-brew for the 50
MHz, 144 MHz, 222 MHz, and 432 MHz bands.  Also have
one converter that takes the 160 meter band up to 6
meters and another for the 70 MHz European amateur
band.

Glen, K9STH

--- FRED HOLNAGEL <w7prv at TELEPORT.COM> wrote:

There are two Heath (2M. & 6M) converters on e-bay.
Plug- in types SBA-300-/HEATH.html

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites