SB 104A

Thomas Beltran tbeltran at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Nov 24 16:54:43 EST 2003

>Now, as to the 303 .. I have one and
> it's worked great since I got it.    If I had a chance to buy either a
> 104 or an 101 .. or even a 100 or 102 .. I'd pick any BUT the 104...
> wa7itz

I've heard a lot of bad things about the SB-303.  I had one new, in the
1970s and thought it was a great radio, as did my friends.  Perhaps I wasn't
as pickey as now, but it was great.  I used it with an SB-401, and although
some call the Drake a "poor man's Collins," everyone called this setup a
poor man's S line.  It's  funny thing I guess, like others on this list,
remembering how things were preceived back when the equipment was new, and
then reading comments today on the internet.  I think the only negative
thing I remember, was that the tuning dials did not have a heavy free
spinning feel.   Tom W6EIJ