SB 104A

Tracy Walters N1RKT kg4smn at DTCCOM.NET
Mon Nov 24 17:28:52 EST 2003

Very true statement, when they're good they're great. I have owned and used
3 of them now. Like any other Heathkit the may turning point will be the
quality of the build, they are a kit radio if the construction was poor day
one the radio will be a problem forever. The extender card is a big issue,
without it they are hard to service. I think that someone with a little
machining ability and a working extender card as a model could easily make
some up and sell them for profit and still have a reasonble price. I have
seen them a few out there go as high as 80 bucks on ebay and it seems crazy
to me to pay more for the service card than I have paid for my radio.

'73 Tracy N1RKT