Heathkit 6 meter transceivers

Marshall M. Dues mmdues at HAL-PC.ORG
Tue Nov 25 23:43:52 EST 2003

Heath also made the HW-10 "Shawnee" 6 meter transceiver in  around 1961 or so.
This model was an 8 watt AM / 10 watt CW transmitter that was both VFO and
crystal controlled, and a separate variable tuned receiver on one chassis that
shared the audio section and a 3-way 6/12 volt DC and 117 volt AC power supply.
  The power supply was of the vibrator type for DC input.

I recently paid $20.00 for one at the Belton, TX hamfest and am going through it
now.  It came with an original assembly manual, and was said to be working. I
don't know what kind of activity is on 6 meter AM or CW around the Houston, TX
area, but I will find out in the near future.

Marshall Dues,  WB5MYO
Katy, TX