Mystery part - Attenuator

Joseph Allis k4sh at BELLSOUTH.NET
Tue Oct 21 08:12:57 EDT 2003

The attenuator was included with the post marker/ sweep generator kit,
IG-5257.
Joe
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary Ann Burke" <burke59 at ADELPHIA.NET>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 8:29 PM
Subject: Mystery part - Attenuator

Hi all,

I have a mystery part and was hoping someone could tell me what it is used
for or what other Heathkit it goes with as I would like to make sure it gets
paired with its proper component.  It is a small oblong box (~7.5 x 2.25 x
1.75 inches) with what looks kinda like cable TV plugs on either end.
Heathkit blue housing with a white face.  The face has seven rocker switches
which are labeled:  1DB, 3DB, 6DB, 10DB, 10DB, 20DB, and 20DB.  At the
bottom it says:  Z = 75 OHMS     ATTENUATOR     P MAX = 1/2 WATT.

Thanks for your help!!

Annie