SB102/101

Bob, WB2UJD BobbyTrip at AOL.COM
Thu Sep 4 10:01:20 EDT 2003

Woody,

That is a common problem that those plastic couplers have.  I have run across
a few that the coupler itself was split, unsalvageable.  I have seen stripped
set screw holes as well.  In this case you can drill a new hole in the
opposite side of the coupler (or both if you like to make tightening them same as
original, both on one side) of the appropriate size for tapping and then tap the
holes to your set screw size, I think they are 8-32.

BTW, I don't think you can substitute a metal coupling, the frame of that cap
may not be at ground.  I think Heath used a plastic coupling for a reason,
but I have not looked into it to find out why.

73,

Bob, WA2T