msg about 4000 unbuilt Heathkits

John Farrington jfarren at SAMLINK.COM
Sat Sep 6 11:11:57 EDT 2003

At 02:00 PM 09/04/2003 Jerry, KØEJF wrote in regard to a msg saying
that someone  "...has 4,000 unbuilt, factory sealed, Heathkits sitting
in a warehouse..." and wants to sell them:

 >I have seen a lot of comments and requests for reservations on the kits
 >here.  However, I have not seen any answers or other comments from the
 >originator of this thread since the original announcement of the "Great
 >Find".  I am still waiting to see if it actually exists or is someone
 >having fun with us?

Quite a few years ago (is it decades now?) I looked for Heath parts after
they quit selling kits, and I was told then that all their inventory had
been bought by a repair and parts business in Benton Harbor (I think it
was the Heath factory that told me that):

        RTO Electronics, 7280 Territorial Road,
        Benton Harbor, MI 49022
        PH: 269-468-7780.
        http://www.rtoham.com/

RTO only says this on their site:

        "RTO maintains an inventory of Heathkit repair parts."

so maybe they just got parts and not unsold kits, I don't know. If a list
member is in that area, maybe he could call them if they know anything
about the 4000 unbuilt kits, and let us know what they say.

John   KE5ZB