Tube checker adapter

Fred Olsen fwolsen at EXECPC.COM
Mon Sep 8 20:41:29 EDT 2003

> FRED HOLNAGEL wrote:
>> Can anyone identify this adapter?  It is marked, "The
>> "850" Adapter."

Fred, I don't recall it offhand but a picture might help.

MIKE SOUHRADA wrote:
> I have an adapter almost like yours.
> Model G-140 made by Precision Apparatusor the 910.

Mike, Coletronics made the update adapters and supplied the test data
and roll charts for many of the manufacturers, Heath, EICO, and
Precision included.  They were a second-echelon company which
specialized in this.

> Coletronics  was a source for some of my material but they
> don't list any adapters . Likely defunct now.

They are gone.  The present Coletronics (Joe Cole) in the New York area
is not related.

> Paco-Precision  might be a successor firm.

Only "sort of".  PACO was the kit and economy product division of
Precision Apparatus.  At some point Precision came to be called a
'division of Pacotronics'.  Then the whole shebang was bought by B&K,
and became the "Precision" in "B&K+Precision".

Fred
--
<><