KENWOOD TS-450 AND SB-200

Jerry Forwood e.j.forwood at JUNO.COM
Thu Sep 18 11:38:18 EDT 2003

Don't know personally about the TS-450 but I installed the SB-200
Soft-Key module #SK-201  kit from Harbach Electronics for use with my
TS-2000 and it performed well with no problems in either radio.
While I was at it I also installed the SB-200 Soft-Start module #SS-210
and the SB-200 Power Module #PM-200.  I was very satisfied with the
performance and the ease of installation.  I also think that the price is
very reasonable.
73 de Jerry KØEJF.

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 20:06:23 +0000 wb7tne at COMCAST.NET writes:
>  Hello to all. I have a question regarding operation of an SB-200
> with
> a Kenwood ts-450 hf rig. I don't have much more than pin-out
> information on the
> Kenwood. It does show alc input from a tl-922 amp and the relay
> position pins.
> I'm endeavoring to use this amp with an AMPKEYER.Does the SB200 alc
> need to be
> connected to the Kenwood. I think threshold voltage on the SB-200
> amp alc is 10
> volts D.C. . Don't know the the input requirements on the Kenwood.
> Have used
> this amp with an HW-100,properly cabled.No problem. Thanks to her
> list for any
> assistance.
>
> 73
> Daryle