SB-200

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Thu Sep 18 16:49:53 EDT 2003

  I have a question about the SB-200, I built one of these amps back
in 1972 and the loading capacitor in the one I built, and every one
I've ever repaired has always been a dual section style variable
cap rated at about 435pf/ sec.
 I have a friend that just picked up a pretty clean SB-200 but I noticed
in the photos that it has a single section close spaced transmit style
variable capacitor used as the loading capacitor.
 My question is, did Heath change to a different style capacitor used as
the loading cap in these amps, or was this a user modification?

73, Mark  WB8JKR

Support Amateur Radio, have a Ham for dinner
Member ARRL, QCWA, OTC, Society of Cable Telecommunication Engineers
WAS, WAC, WTO, DXCC MIXED, DXCC PHONE, GJDXCC, VUCC 2M, 1st place Ohio
single op 1988 ARRL  Sweepstakes
Novice 3/71, General 8/72, Advanced 8/78, Extra 8/89