GB> Cross-Border Shipping....

Ed Sieb esieb at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Sep 20 02:07:38 EDT 2003

Eddy,

Seems you have - too late - discovered what other Canadian have discovered
about UPS:
 DON'T DEAL WITH UPS  WHEN SHIPPING FROM U.S.  TO CANADA!

Only UPS charges that extortionate "brokerage fee" for shipments to Canada.
As well there are some other "hidden" charges and fees that UPS tags on.  I,
and many of my friends no longer deal with UPS, when shipping from the US.
My own preference is USPS - US Postal Service, when dealing with most
shipments, and when I'm free to choose the carrier of choice.  If speedy
delivery is required, or a choice is offered, then I use either FedEx or
DHL.

There are other issues involving UPS, but they're outside the scope of this
specific topic.

vy 73,
Ed, VA3ES