[Heathkit] Heathkit Manuals

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Sep 20 15:15:16 EDT 2003

Pete -

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough.

I know  _WHY_  they did it, but it doesn't make it any less
of a pain in the #(%^ when you find (at last!) that original
manual you have been looking for.   Then you open it up, and
NO schematic!!   Wall size schematics are nice when you're
building it, but useless when they become separated from the
manual!  The wall size pictorials aren't critical if they're
lost.  It would have been nice if they had printed a
schematic, even "mice type" (although how much more could a
single foldout cost)?   I guess they never considered that
the "Illustration Booklet" might actually get separated from
the manual 20 years later....

I know, just buy your  _EXCELLENT_  manual copies and I
won't have to worry about it..  Right!?!  :-)

Your efforts (and quality) are appreciated, although I don't
expect the income will allow you to retire to the Greek
Isles or even Ft. Lauderdale any time soon!

By the way, did you ever find that IP-22 manual I asked you
about a few years back?

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta