DX100???

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Tue Apr 6 09:07:20 EDT 2004

Looks to me like you are correct. It doesn't really matter, because pins 4/5
and 11/12 have SPST action, which means they can be reversed without any
ramifications. It probably made the wires shorter or easier to connect and
they never bothered to fix the schematic. Good eye!  Wonder when engineers
finally stopped designing using wafer switches. Probably as soon as the
microprocessor made it possible to read low current switches and then
control affected circuitry other ways. What a pain to figure out how to lay
out a wafer switch and get it manufactured. Good riddance!

73,

Brian, W0DZ

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Stephen Tetorka
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 8:38 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: DX100???

Hello Friends:

I may be sniffing too much lead based solder during my restoration...so
please excuse me....but....

...it appears to me that the DX100 assembly manual schematic shows the
connections to the "CW-Fone Switch" in error.

Specifically, please compare the schematic connections for pins 5 and 11 on
the switch...to both Pictorial 6 on page 30 and the wiring instructions on
the
top of page 31....especially using reference pin 9 which is connected to the
RFC going to the key jack....

Your generous comments are welcome...and thanks....

Steve
WA2TAK