Oscilloscope Recommendations

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Aug 27 11:39:01 EDT 2004

Ed -

I would strongly suggest that you consider a Tektronix scope instead.

The Heath scopes, with the exception of a very few LATE models, were all
Sync scopes rather than triggered.  Not much good for anything but
modulation monitoring and Lissajous patterns.   Usually the manual will
sell for more than the scope itself!

I'd also recommend Bob Garcia here in Atlanta (Marietta) as a reliable
source of excellent, guaranteed scopes.  He travels to most of the
southern hamfests and has a nice selection of calibrated scopes at very
reasonable prices.  He is a former Tek engineer and does it primarily
out of love for the product, and it shows, both in quality AND price.

You can reach Bob at (770) 977-5701 or <esaronel at bellsouth.net>

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta