Oscilloscope Recommendations

Gene A. Nailon k5dle at JUNO.COM
Fri Aug 27 19:54:49 EDT 2004

FROM: Gene Nailon  K5DLE  k5dle at juno.com
Edmond, OK

Hello Ed,

I have read a bunch of replys to your post.  NO BODY paid any attention
to what you
said you wanted to do with the scope.

I would guess you are fairly new to servicing.  I would also guess you
have never ownde a
scope of any kind.

I started out with an old Eico 470 Scope that did not work!   It would do
good to look at the
455 Khz If  frequency.   It taught me a lot about SCOPES!!!!

One hell of a lot can be done with not much scope.  Any scope is better
than none!!!

Get one and learn something about scopes.Once you learn about them you
will not have to ask.

Most of the replies said you need to get a 100 to 200 Mhz scope.
BOLDERDASH!!!

Sure, a 100 to 200 or more Mhz scope is best.  You sure as hell don't
need one to service a
1945 Hammarlaund HQ-129X  I have 3 of them!!

For the do gooder KNOW IT ALLS.  In the 60's and 70;s I used a 15 Mhz
scope to service
1000 Mhz DME and TRANSPONDER  Equipment .  As well as 10,000 Mhz X-Band
weather radar equipment.  All of it with .2 micro sec or less pulse
width, and a hell of a lot shorter
rise and fall time.

BUY A CHEP SCOPE AND LEARN ABOUT THEM!!!

Gene Nailon K5DLE