Recapping HQ-129-X

G. Beat gregory.beat at COMCAST.NET
Fri Aug 27 20:09:03 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "BILL" <hk165 at YAHOO.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 2:24 PM
Subject: Recapping

> First off sorry for being slightly off topic.  I just got an old
> hammerlund hq-129-x given to me.  I was wondering what exactly is involved
> in recapping this old rig.  I have never done it before so please be
> detailed(type of caps, where to find them, etc).  Thanks,  Bill

Bill-

Here is the knob reference - if you need it
Leeds Electronics (NY) Crank tuning knob for the HQ-129-X (I think)
http://www.leedselect.com/images-odds/Knob-Crank-metal.JPG

Second, take an inventory of the capacitors in your radio.

Third, Read some of the various boat anchor re-capping web sites and