Silver ceramic terminal strips

G. Beat gregory.beat at COMCAST.NET
Sat Aug 28 01:39:51 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Leonard" <radiorepair at MINDSPRING.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 12:19 PM
Subject: Fw: Oscilloscope Recommendations

> Look, Teks are very well made but I had one that literally took two good
> men
> to lift up and place on the bench.
> In some cases you will need to purchase a separate cart or reinforce an
> existing bench or shelf to support one of these monsters.
>
> Furthermore,the Tek internal ceramic parts supports requiring the use of
> silver solder are not funsville to service for the average hobbyist.
>
> Malcolm

I see that Jim Garland used the silver-ceramic terminal strips from old
Tektronix oscilloscopes in his recent rebuild of a Collins 516F2 power
supply
http://www.miami.muohio.edu/president/personal/w8zr/vintage/tcvrs/516F2%20%20Rebuild.htm

Where does someone find these surplus?  The only terminal strips like this I
have seen (in California surplus store) were 15 positions long --
and I did not think you can easily cut them being ceramic (maybe carefully
saw them?)

G. Beat