What is it?

Chuck W4MIL CEMILTON at AOL.COM
Wed Dec 1 12:43:49 EST 2004

In a message dated 12/1/04 12:17:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
clcampbl at TRAVERSE.COM writes:

> I vote for oxidation of plating.  Various old radios I've seen have a
> yellowish accumulation on some plated steel parts

I agree with Chris..............  I've restored numerous Heath, Collins and
other boatanchors and have encountered the yellow stuff frequently.  Not to be
confused with the military MFP (moisture - fungus proofing) that is present in
most older mil gear.

Depending on which part(s) are affected, cleaning can range from steel wool
to wiping carefully with solvent, vinegar, etc...............

Gud luck

73 de W4MIL

Chuck