Dipole Ant

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 26 11:17:59 EST 2004

Technically a dipole should work better with a balun.
In the "real world" you cannot usually tell the
difference.  Sometimes the balun seems to cause
problems and sometimes not.

Amateurs have been feeding a dipole directly with
coaxial cable for many decades.

Glen, K9STH

--- w0akg1 <w0akg1 at EARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

Dumb Qestion, I've been using a Balun for a Center Fed
40 meter Dipole and 52ohm Coax. Question is, I do'nt
think I need the Balun when using 52 ohm Coax. Correct?

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites

http://home.comcast.net/~k9sth