[Heathkit] SB-1000

Mark S Graalman wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Tue Feb 10 18:15:22 EST 2004

  Hi Carl,

  I have never checked as far a linearity, but I always found
that regulation was poor at low current levels. Something I did not
think about however is the simple fact with the presence of
idle current, there would never really be a point of real low
current draw. At any rate I do see and understand your points,
and I'll stand corrected. I do wonder however, I have never
had a zener fail in any of my amps during any kind of a fault, but I
have always shunted the bias zener with a 100 ohm 10 watt resistor,
maybe that makes the difference.

Mark  WB8JKR